A couple of updates back, we made mention that we were actively testing the Cyanogen Apps package for CM 13.0. Today, we’re glad to announce that the testing has been positive, and all parties involved are ready to move forward with release.
As a reminder, C-Apps is being offered as an optional download and will not be pre-installed on CyanogenMod releases. This package will allow you to take your existing devices running CM 13.0, and make them more like the Cyanogen OS experience. Any CM 13.0 build since May 9th, 2016 and forward is compatible. Notably, this means that users on our last 13.0 Snapshot ZNH0E releases are not yet eligible – but fret not, we’ll resolve this later this month/early next month when we release the next wave of Snapshots.
- All apps updated to M compatibility, including run-time permission checks.
- Extra logic to avoid permission errors – you DO NOT need to wipe to install, we’ve mitigated this.
- Non-core functionality apps are now uninstallable!
- Twitter users: Experience the Lock Screen MOD – ‘Happening on Twitter’, for an even faster way to access what’s trending worldwide.
- Cortana users: Cortana has enhanced capabilities on CM, including a new Lock Screen MOD capability. (Cortana not pre-bundled in this zip, get it from the Play Store)
- Cyanogen OS Dialer has been open sourced, and therefore no longer in the package.
- TrueCaller MOD will now integrate directly into CM’s Dialer, and is uninstallable if you don’t want this service.
- Skype users: The Skype MOD will allow you to transfer a cellular network call directly to a Skype video call, seamlessly. Skype calls will also show up in your call log, and you can make Skype calls directly from Dialer using search or T9. (Skype not pre-bundled in this zip, get it from the Play Store)
- OneNote users: Create notes from the new MOD integration directly from the InCallUI screen or Boxer Email client (OneNote not pre-bundled in this zip, get it from the Play Store)
- Cyanogen Account, ThemeStore, ThemeChooser with per-app themeing, AudioFX and Gallery make their return
- And more to come in the future!